Early childhood &
a quick bio
I earned a B.A. in communications, specializing in theater, television and radio. For ten years, I worked in the field of multimedia communications but an unexpected turn of events occurred.
In 2005, I had my first child. She incurred brain damage in early infancy. It was her who inspired me to change careers and work not only with her, but hundreds of other special needs early learners.
Because life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about getting out there and learning to dance in the rain!
In a nutshell...
My life is filled with ups and downs and loop arounds. The only thing is that I have been documenting it as it unfolds. Watch a trailer from my personal YouTube channel to get to know me a little more. If you want to see more, just click on my personal VLOG tab at the top of the webpage.
Things to see
Want to know more?
To learn more about my story, including my personal and educational background, certifications and accomplishments, click the button below.
As a response to the COVID-19 crisis, Northside ISD of San Antonio Texas partnered up with FOX to provide educational programing for preschool children. I was invited as a guest performer for several of these shows.
FOX 29 San Antonio
Learning for Littles
An interview with Region 20 Education Service center
Listen to a podcast interview about the creation of
"Hey! Mrs. Hays" youtube channel
- My Favorite Teacher“Are there any questions?” Mr. Osborne sat […]
- 8.You’re a person, too!Parenting special needs can take a toll. Rediscover who you are! […]
- 7. Enjoying Life!Episode 7 of Season 1 So many of my best childhood […]
- 6. Learning and growingLearn & Grow Parenting a special needs child can […]
- 5. You canYou can do hard things You can! One of the biggest […]